In the previous article we provided a review of Genesis Coin Bitcoin ATMs. In this post we review another bitcoin ATM more compact one from a Czech company General Bytes.
BATMTwo Bitcoin ATM
- One-Way Bitcoin ATM
- Price 2849 USD, Free shipping
- Sells coins from wallet or exchange
- Point of Sale integrated
- Remotely manageable and upgradable
- Multilingual (English, Česky, Deutsch, Español, Français, Hrvatski, Italiano, Nederlands, Polski, Pусский, Slovenčina, 中国的)
- Fiat Multicurrency (more than 120 including USD, EUR, etc)
- Crypto Multicurrency (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin)
- AML/KYC integrated (Fingerprint or SMS)
- Dimensions: 32x38x27 cm
- Weight: 20 kg
- Material: 2mm iron
- Display: 7” projected capacitive
- Mounting options: Designed to be mounted on wall (mounting screws and tools are included)
- Internet connectivity: WiFi (b/g/n) + Ethernet 100Mbit
- Cash box capacity: 500 bank notes
- Security: Two high security standard locks. One for main doors, second for cashbox.
- Warranty: 1 year
Buy Cryptocurrency Process
The process of purchasing cryptocurrency in this type of machines was described recently. It is important to note that the machine supports several cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin – but also has an extensible API, which can be used to add any other cryptocurrency.
Another important feature of this machine is convenience for the users: the purchase may be done to existing wallet (you need to scan QR code), but also it can be purchased using email address only. In this case all the needed information will be sent to the user by email in encrypted form.
There is a convenience for the seller as well, while the machine supports both: sale from the wallet or sale from the exchange (means eliminate the volatility risk). Supported exchanges are: Bitstamp.net, Coinbase.com. Supported wallets are: Blockchain’s My Wallet, Bitcoind, Litecoind, Dogecoind, Block.io, Coinbase.com, Coinkite.com.
The following videos illustrate both processes:
General Bytes Bitcoin ATM by default supports POS functionality. That means if you install this machine in the shop, restaurant or any other business location, it can start accepting Bitcoin (or other cryptocurrencies) as a payment method without need to purchase any other hardware, software or integrating with any other third-party service.
The POS functionality is displayed in this video:
KYC/AML compliance features
The machine’s hardware and software supports the following ways of customer identification:
- By SMS
- Scan ID document
- Fingerprint scan
Based on the provided identification – the transaction limits can be set up.
KYC/AML features are illustrated in the following video:
Most of people don’t think about this when they are purchasing the machine, but they will realize that they need remote management when they start operating the machine. If they want to operate more than one machine, then remote management is absolute must.
Bitcoin ATM machine is not just about one time cost, maintenance costs are also very important. And remote management lowers maintenance costs dramatically.
Here are several use case scenarios what can be done with remote administration:
- Is the machine online? Is it working? – You can check that on server administration web.
- You can define the price settings flexibly without visiting the machine.
- End customer has the problem with the machine, something went wrong. He calls to support, you can check the status of his transaction on the server administration web (possible reasons: for example, Bitstamp connectivity problem, customer scanned different Bitcoin address than he thought that it scanned). You can even see which banknotes he inserted, how he navigated over the screens, etc.
- You as an operator get sms or email notifications when: transaction occurred, machine is offline for more than an hour, when your exchange balance is low, when there is too much cash inside of the machine.
- You upgrade the ATM software remotely from the server.
This bitcoin ATM has a reasonably low price compared to other providers. A one-way BATMTwo machine costs $2849 with free shipping.
Another Bitcoin ATM with low price is Skyhook Bitcoin machine, which costs only $999. There is a trade-off between these two machines, while General Bytes is more feature rich out of the box, support many currencies by default, has POS integrated and more rich KYC/AML components. Also the unit itself is more solid and reminds more of the Lamassu machine.