BitQuick cryptocurrency/cash exchange service provider
Total number of BitQuick locations: 106649
About: BitQuick is a peer-to-peer trading platform that originally launched in August, 2013. The company connects buyers and sellers of crypto using a trusted and secure facilitated escrow platform and arbitration system. Go from cash to bitcoin in 3 hours or less (usually minutes)!
* Boost VC Tribe 5 Company
* Acquired by Athena Bitcoin in June, 2016.
How it works:
BitQuick is a peer-to-peer trading platform that connects buyers and sellers of crypto using a facilitated escrow system.
* Sellers create orders via sell page. Once the order has been created, the seller will be provided with a BitQuick escrow address that BitQuick controls. Once seller funds address, their order will go live on BitQuick site and will be listed on buy page.
* Buyers will need to select an order via the buy page and place a hold on a seller's bitcoin. Once they place their hold, they will be provided with the seller's account details and will have 3 hours to visit a local bank or credit union branch to deposit into their account (if the seller has a BofA account, the buyer needs to deposit at a BofA branch. If the seller has a credit union account, the buyer needs to deposit at a local participating credit union).
In particular for buyer the process will be the following:
- Select a location and view the listing to place an order for that bank / credit union / MoneyGram / Western Union.
- Visit a local bank / credit union / MoneyGram / Western Union location and deposit cash into the seller’s account using the provided information.
- Upload a photo of your deposit receipt to BitQuick within 3 hours.
- Receive bitcoin to the address you provide within 3 hours or less (Western Union and MoneyGram transactions can take up to 24 hours).
Price: 2% Fee to buy bitcoin (sellers also charge their own exchange rate), 0% fee to sell bitcoin